- Exploring the unique, “never-ending” Ice Cap Point 660 on foot, a rare experience in Greenland
- Sitting on a dog sled where the dogs are extremely energetic and strong enough to whisk you away
- Gazing up at the Northern Lights at Kangelussuaq, which rests at the heart of the Northern Lights belt, where it shines the brightest
- Walk around the city of Ilulissat, home to the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The icefjord moves 30 meters daily and produces 20 billion tons of ice yearly.
- Sailing among the 40 million tons of icebergs which float into the fjord.
- Hike to the ancient settlement of Sermermiut, where different Inuit cultures have existed for 4000 years
- Spending the night in the Igloo Lodge where temperatures are at 0 degrees Celsius.
DAY 1: Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq, accommodation and welcome meeting (Ice Cap Point 660)
DAY 2: Kangerlussuaq on your own (Dogsledding, northern lights and tundra tour)
One of the main highlights of this trip, dog-sledding tour is a dream come true for many dog lovers. Being the Inuit’s traditional form of transportation, dog sledding comprises mainly of a pack of dogs tied to some wood. The dog-lover in me is filled to the brim with excitement for this!
Day 3-7: Kangerlussuaq-Ilulissat – accommodation, welcome meeting (guided tour of the town)
We’ll fly to Ilulissat, a town 45 minutes away from Kangerlussuag. Inhabited by 4500 people, Iluissat is populated by colourful houses that add vibrancy to the green and icy landscape that surrounds it. A guided tour of Ilulissat will also be available.
Day 4: Exploring Ilulissat on your own (sailing among icebergs)
Day 5: Explore Ilulissat on your own (hike to Sermermiut or Igloo Lodge)
- 5 nights at Hotel Arctic
- 1 dinner at Hotel Arctic
- All taxes and handling fees
- Tundrasafari in 4WD/bus
- City walk in Ilulissat
- Sailing at Ilulissat Icefjord
- Hike to Sermermiut by Ilulissat Icefjord
- Dog sledding in Ilulissat, rental of warm clothes and boots, 2 persons per sled
- 25 hour excursion in an igloo
- Snow shoes during Igloo excursion
- 1 night in an igloo
- Snowmobile excursion to the Aattartoq area
- Return flight Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq with Air Greenland
- Return flight Kangerlussuaq-Ilulissat
- 2 nights at Polar Lodge (shared bath/toilet)
- 1 night in Copenhagen
- Northern Lights tour in Kangerlussuaq
- 8 breakfasts
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Flights from Singapore to Copenhagen
- All meals not mentioned above
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By joining any of the trips organised by Indonesia Explorer (IDE) and partners, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
• All deposits payment are not refundable once the trip is confirmed. However, you may look for a replacement.
• For payment made via Paypal, there will be an additional 4% Paypal fee from the total payment amount
• Organizers reserved the rights to prohibit participant for joining the outing if they find that the participant is not fit or suitable for the activities
• While Organizers try their best to organize all the trips, however, responsible for any unexpected issues arise prior/during the trips such as bad weather, cancellation or flight delayed, injuries, and other misfortune situations – are not held by the Organizers