This trip meant to be easy and relax, a quick escape over the weekend plus one working day. So, you will only need to take one day leave. :)
This trip will start from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia! A big city with its hustle bustle yet it is still interesting to be explored. But we won’t explore the city much but rather to see what others this city has to offer. We did a similar trip a long time ago back in 2014. It was the 3rd trip of Indonesia Explorer and we went to Pramuka Island at that time.
This time, instead of going to Pramuka Island, we will explore another island of Pulau Seribu – Island of Hope alias Harapan Island. As you can see from the map, it is located much further out than Pramuka. In here, we can also go snorkelling, swimming, island hopping and explore the island and also the underwater.
The first day of the trip is free and easy as it is a day all participants are expected to reach Jakarta because we have a boat to catch the next morning. To save the time and the suffering of the long traditional boat ride, we will go by the speedboat instead which cut down almost half of the time. Then there we go, our life as islander begins!
By staying on the island also means that we will only have basic facilities – simple accommodation like a homestay with a limited hour of electricity supply, and also we might not have an internet connection at all. Disconnected for two days to stay connected with the real people. What do you think?
If this sounds good to you, then do join us! Else, you might need to wait for another 4 years again till we back again here.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT JAKARTA
Pick up at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and transfer to hotel. Free programme.
DAY 2: JAKARTA – PULAU SERIBU (B, L, D)
Early breakfast and get ready to check out. We will go to Marina Ancol port 17 to catch our speedboat ride to Payung Island. By 8 am we will depart and the journey will take about 60 minutes. Reach Payung Island, check-in to our homestay, rest or walk around the island while we wait for our lunch to be ready. After lunch, we will start island hopping and snorkelling! We will go to several interesting spots and enjoy the sunset from the boat before heading back to our homestay and wash up. Gathered back at 7 pm for dinner. Free times afterwards.
DAY 3: JAKARTA – PULAU SERIBU (B, L)
After breakfast, we have optional activities such as banana boat, etc. Or if you prefer to just lay back at somewhere enjoying your time, you may do so as well. We will check out around noon time after lunch and before 4 pm we should have already been back to Jakarta.
• 2 nights accommodation (twin/triple-sharing)
* Single Supplement is available by request and whenever possible
– 1 night in Jakarta
– 1 nights homestay in Seribu Island (the homestay is similar to the photo shown below)
• Land transportation during the trip
• Meals as stated on the itinerary
• Boat for island hopping and snorkelling
• Snorkelling gears
• Entrance fees, all necessary permits, retributions, and administrative requirements
• Mineral Water
• Underwater documentation
• Tour Guide and/or Leader
• Visa on Arrival (if applicable)
• Optional activities such as banana boat, etc on the last day
• Personal expenses
• Gratuity for guides
• Travel insurance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By joining any of the trips organised by Indonesia Explorer (IDE) and partners, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
• All deposits payment are not refundable once the trip is confirmed. However, you may look for a replacement.
• For payment made via Paypal, there will be an additional 4% Paypal fee from the total payment amount
• Organizers reserved the rights to prohibit participant for joining the outing if they find that the participant is not fit or suitable for the activities
• While Organizers try their best to organize all the trips, however, responsible for any unexpected issues arise prior/during the trips such as bad weather, cancellation or flight delayed, injuries, and other misfortune situations – are not held by the Organizers