SEMARANG OLD TOWN: CHARMING OLD-TIME HERITAGE ATMOSPHERE
Semarang may not be as popular as other cities in Java Islands. However, the strategic position of Semarang has made the city a melting pot of Chinese, Indian Arab, and European cultures. Wander around the Chinese quarters and the Dutch commercial district, you will see the influences of different cultures everywhere. In the older part of the city near harbour named Kota Lama, or the Oudstadt, stroll around to explore the historic old buildings in what was once the European commercial district.
The one thing that you definitely must try in Semarang’s Chinatown is the famous Lumpia (Springroll) Semarang. A dish that is similar to the springroll, the Lumpia has a sweet yet savoury taste and is filled with bamboo shoots, egg, chicken or shrimp. It can either be served in a soft wrap or deep fried, with a side of delicious thick brown sauce, freshly cut spring onions, birds eye chilli and lettuce.
The Karimunjawa archipelago, located in the Java Sea, north of the capital city of Semarang, has everything to offer sea lovers who enjoy trekking and snorkeling along a pristine beach. The Karimunjawa National Park (not to be confused with the Karimun Islands in Bintan, Riau) is one amongst seven marine national parks in Indonesia.
The pristine beaches and seas are home to healthy coral reefs that scatter in an 80 km wide area all the way to the coast of Jepara. Two protected biota species here are the black coral (Antiphates sp)and organ pipe coral (Tubipora musica). Others include the triton trumpet, the hornet helmet, and the pearly-chambered nautilus. Here are also hawksbill turtles, common green turtles, and on land are the red-breasted parakeet and other tropical bird species.
The archipelagic Karimunjawa, though not as known the Marine reserves near Ambon and Manado, has unexpectedly good beaches, reefs and lovely sea scopes. Corals seem to blossom into gardens, with an Amazing variety of form and color fishers and marine plants. Fringing reefs, atolls, wrecks and an excellent variety of different species make diving in Karimunjawa an unforgettable adventure.
DAY 1: SEMARANG
Pick up from Semarang Airport and we will explore Semarang before check in to our hotel. Stay overnight in Semarang. Today’s activities will be depending on the arrival time.
DAY 2: KARIMUNJAWA (B, L, D)
After breakfast, get ready to check out. We will take a flight to Karimunjawa (about 30 minutes). Reach Karimunjawa around noontime, check in to our homestay and rest while waiting for our lunch. At 2 pm, we will explore the island, go to Love Hill, and enjoy Tanjung Gelam Beach. Back to our homestay after sunset and have our dinner around 7 pm. Free time afterwards.
DAY 3: KARIMUNJAWA (B, L, D)
After breakfast, get your gears and suits ready. We will go snorkelling at Menjangan Kecil and Cemara Kecil. Lunch with grilled fish will be served while we are at Cemara Kecil Island. After lunch, we will go to Karang Gosong, a sandbar in the middle of the sea. Then we will see the baby shark and enjoy the sunset near Menjangan Kecil Island. Dinner at the homestay and free time afterwards.
DAY 4: KARIMUNJAWA – SEMARANG (B)
After breakfast, free time until check out time at 10 am. We will take a flight back to Semarang.
*If necessary, the itinerary may subject to change depending on the situation on the day.
• 3 nights accommodation (twin-sharing)
* Single Supplement is available by request and whenever possible
– 2 nights homestay in Karimunjawa (AC)
– 1 night in Semarang
• Land transportation during the trip
• Meals as stated on the itinerary
• Snorkelling gears
• Wooden boat for island hopping
• Entrance fees, all necessary permits, retributions, and administrative requirements
• Tour Guide and/or Leader
• Mineral Water
• Visa on Arrival (if applicable)
• Optional activities not included in the itinerary
• Personal expenses
• Gratuity for guides
• Travel insurance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By joining any of the trips organised by Indonesia Explorer (IDE) and partners, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
• All deposits payment are not refundable once the trip is confirmed. However, you may look for a replacement.
• For payment made via Paypal, there will be an additional 4.4% Paypal fee from the total payment amount
• Organizers reserved the rights to prohibit participant for joining the outing if they find that the participant is not fit or suitable for the activities
• While Organizers try their best to organize all the trips, however, responsible for any unexpected issues arise prior/during the trips such as bad weather, cancellation or flight delayed, injuries, and other misfortune situations – are not held by the Organizers