Raja Ampat in West Papua is one of the most beautiful islands on the planet. There are spectacular snorkelling and diving spots, and a place for the friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Situated off the northwest tip of Bird’s Head Peninsula on Papua, the most eastern Island of the Indonesian Archipelago, Raja Ampat or literally meaning ‘The Four Kings’ is an archipelago comprising over 1,500 small islands, cays, and shoals surrounding the four main islands of Waigeo, Batanta, Salawati, and Misool.
While its underwater splendours are beyond exceptional, the landscape above the surface is equally breathtaking. Piaynemo offers some of the most spectacular sceneries on the face of the earth. Further, at Wayag Island, the icon of Raja Ampat, you will also find an amazing rock islets formation in an even bigger scale.
With all its spectacular wonders inland, on the shore, and beyond the waters, and distinct serene ambience that you rarely find anywhere else on earth, Raja Ampat truly offers the ultimate experience ones can only dream of. So, whether you are an avid diver, occasional snorkeler, or just someone who appreciated beauty in every sense, Raja Ampat welcomes you to the Heaven on Earth.
DAY 1: SORONG – WAISAI (D)
Reach Sorong the latest by 8 am and transfer to the harbour for a public ferry boat ride to Waisai. Reach Waisai about 2 hours later and transfer to our homestay.
DAY 2: WAYAG (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will go to Wayag. The journey to Wayag takes about 3 hours. Climb up to one of the tops of Summit 1 or 2 to see the panoramic view of Raja Ampat.
DAY 3: PIAYNEMO (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will be visiting a few places such as Piaynemo, the miniature of Wayag, and also we will visit a few places along the way for snorkelling.
DAY 4: KABUI BAY (B, L, D)
Today, we will see another iconic rock formation, Batu Pinsil, at Teluk Kabui. Then we will continue visiting other spots to relax and enjoy our snorkelling sessions such as Pasir Timbul, the sandbar, and Cape Kri.
DAY 5: WAISAI – SORONG (B)
Early morning call preparation for bird watching! Let’s look for the endemic bird or Papua, the Bird of Paradise. After that, back to our homestay, pack and get ready to check out. We will go back to Sorong and stay overnight in Sorong.
DAY 6: AIRPORT (B)
Breakfast and free time. Check out and drop off at the airport.
Note: The itinerary and the sequence are subject to change depending on the weather and situation on the day.
• 5 nights accommodation
– 1-night accommodation in 2*/3* hotel in Sorong
– 4 nights homestay (twin-sharing)
Only basic facilities are available: a mattress with mosquito net and shared bathroom. No air-conditioning, and wi-fi.
• Land Transportation for the entire trip
• Meals as stated in the itinerary
• Return ferry ticket Sorong – Waisai
• Boat for island hopping
• Entrance fees, all necessary permits, retributions, and administrative requirements
• Guide and boat crew
• Snorkelling equipment
• Mineral water
• Visa on Arrival (if applicable)
• Optional tours which are not stated on the itinerary
• Personal expenses
• Gratuity for guides
• Travel Insurance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By joining any of the trips organised by Indonesia Explorer (IDE) and partners, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
• All deposits payment are not refundable once the trip is confirmed. However, you may look for a replacement.
• For payment made via Paypal, there will be an additional 4% Paypal fee from the totalÂ payment amount
• Organizers reserved the rights to prohibit participant for joining the outing if they find that the participant is not fit or suitable for the activities
• While Organizers try their best to organize all the trips, however, responsible for any unexpected issues arise prior/during the trips such as bad weather, cancellation or flight delayed, injuries, and other misfortune situations are not held by the Organizers